Our policy submissions
We want to be certain that the voice of consumers informs improvement.
Influencing policy & shaping practice
In working towards a health system with better outcomes and experiences for all its users, we are committed to influencing policy and shaping practice to reflect the needs and perspectives of consumers. We want to be certain that the voice of consumers informs improvement.
One of the ways that we actively participate in impacting policy is through developing informed and credible positions on the most relevant topics. We write submissions and responses to pertinent consultation papers, draft Bills, and policy documents wherever possible.
Here are some of the submissions we have made in recent years:
- Submission to the Review of Hospital Safety and Quality Assurance in Victoria - April 2016
- Consultation response to Pharmacist-Administered Vaccination Program (February 2016) and outcome letter from the Department of Health and Human Services (August 2016)
- Submission to National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards - Consultation draft, October 2015
- Submission to Inquiry on Chronic Illness Prevention and Management - August 2015
- Response to Modernising Victoria's Health Complaints Legislation: Consulation paper, 2015
- Inquiry into End of Life Care by Legal and Social Issues Committee: Consultation paper, 2015
- Review of the National Registration and Accreditation Scheme for health professionals: Consultation paper, 2014
- National Health and Medical Research Council and Consumers’ Health Forum of Australia Revised Statement on Consumer and Community Involvement in Health and Medical Research – Consultation paper, August 2014
- Parliamentary Enquiry on Out-of-pocket costs in Australian healthcare, 2014
- The Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care
- Consumers, the health system and health literacy: Taking action to improve safety and quality – Consultation paper, 2013
- Australian Department of Health Review of Medicare Locals – Consultation, 2013
- Medicines Australia Transparency Model: Consultation and discussion paper, 2013
- Royal Australasian College of Physicians: Guidelines for ethical relationships between health professionals and industry, 2013
- The Review of the Health Services (Conciliation and Review) Act 2012
HIC submission to the review of Hospital Safety and Quality Assurance
HIC's response to the review of Hospital Safety and Quality Assurance in Victoria.
HIC submission to NRAS review
Our submission to the review of the National Registration and Accreditation Scheme.
Submission to Medicines Australia: transparency model
Our submission to the 2013 Medicines Australia transparency model consultation and discussion paper.
Ethical relationships between health professionals and industry
HIC submission to the Fourth edition Guidelines for Ethical Relationships between Health Professionals and Industry
Submission to review of Health Services Conciliation & Review Act
HIC's submission to the review of Health Services Conciliation & Review Act 2012
Consumers Step Up program
A network of health consumers contributing their experience and knowledge to health care improvements.Find out more
Subscribe to Full Circle
Our monthly newsletter