Consumer Participation in Research
Engaging consumers in the research cycle has become best practice worldwide.
What do we offer?
The National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) promotes consumer engagement in research and engaging consumers in the research cycle has become best practice worldwide.
Health Issues Centre offers a full-day workshop that will teach researchers the key definitions relating to consumer participation in research, types of research and study designs and provide them with practical tips to participate in the research cycle as consumer representatives. Participants will be able to engage with a research team to set up research agendas that are relevant to consumers.
This workshop will cover:
- Consumer engagement in research background
- Definitions, rationale, evidence for and principles of consumer engagement
- The NHMRC statement on consumer involvement in research
- The role of consumers in the research cycle
- Barriers and enablers to consumer engagement in research
- How to engage consumers in your research team – practical steps for implementation
When is the next Health Issues Centre workshop?
This workshop is currently offered as on-site training only.
Health Issues Centre staff can deliver the workshop on-site at a location of your choosing. These can be held at any time, but are subject to staff availability.
The pricing for these sessions is dependent on number of participants and location requested.
For more information
For more information on pricing or to book a session at your service, please contact Dr Tere Dawson on (03) 8676 9057 or via email at email@example.com with any queries.
Subscribe to Full Circle
Our monthly newsletter