We support and inform consumers and the health sector to partner for health care improvements.
Since 1983, we have been an informed and credible consumer voice in health in Victoria and fostered meaningful partnerships between health consumers and the Victorian health sector. Through training and support, we encourage consumers to use their unique knowledge and experience to participate in their own health care as well as contributing to a better health system with improved outcomes and experiences for everyone.
What we do
- Provide training and support to health services and health-related organisations to advance consumer participation and patient centred care
- Support consumers on departmental and health service committees
- Train and mentor consumers and carers to participate in health
- Influence government policy through submissions and seats on key committees, ensuring the consumer perspective or experience informs improvements to the health care system undertake health policy-related research and consultancies
- Maintain a knowledge bank and resource library on consumer perspectives and participation
Health Issues Centre is a membership-based organisation governed by a Board of Directors consisting of consumers, health professionals, managers and researchers elected or co-opted from amongst the membership.
Individuals and organisations can support and influence our activities by becoming members of Health Issues Centre. Find out how to become a member.
ABN 96 599 565 577
Subscribe to Full Circle
Our monthly newsletter