Alfred Health seeks one consumer to join their Community Advisory Committee
What is the opportunity?
The Board of Alfred Health seeks applications from health care consumers and members of the community to join the Alfred Health Community Advisory Committee.
The Committee's role includes advising Alfred Health about appropriate structures and processes to ensure effective consumer, carer and community participation at all levels of service planning, delivery and evaluation as outlined in the Alfred Health Patients Come First Strategy.
What is in involved?
Membership involves minimum attendance at formal Committee meetings held every second month. Members are also offered opportunities for involvement in other organisational committees, working groups and a variety of consumer related activities supporting service improvements.
How much time is involved?
Membership is ongoing, for three years, and the committee meets on a Tuesday, every two months. The first meeting is on May 1.
Who should apply?
Metropolitan and regional representation from a diverse range of backgrounds is sought.
Essential for the role:
- Commitment to the quality, appropriateness and accessibility of the services provided by Alfred Health;
- Understanding of the needs, expectations and health care concerns of at least one section of the Alfred Health community
- Desire to assist Alfred Health to identify priorities and achieve its objectives, including access to its services for all sections of the community
- Ability to commit sufficient time to participate fully in the work of the Community Advisory Committee.
Desirable for the role:
- Experience in community development;
- Expertise in consumer representation;
- Understanding of community/consumer groups;
- Strong community links and networks;
- Knowledge of public health issues and health policy.
How do I apply?
Closing date for applications is Wednesday April 25.
Please submit an Expression of Interest (and CV if relevant) to:
Katrina Lewis, Lead for Patient Experience and Consumer Participation
Subscribe to Full Circle
Our monthly newsletter